Author Topic: Aspartame/sweeteners in e liquid...  (Read 2223 times)

Offline SallyG

Aspartame/sweeteners in e liquid...
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:26 pm »
Hi all, just wondering if any of you know of good suppliers who don't have aspartame or other dodgy sweeteners in their liquid? Pretty sure I've got a PG allergy (body rash, headaches, sore eyes... Def not tobacco withdrawal!) so it got me curious about what else could be in these liquids that could potentially cause problems. Contacted LF help desk and they confirmed the use of artificial sweeteners but it was all a bit vague and needless to say they didn't specify - I've asked them to on the grounds that I'd like to avoid aspartame if I'm going to continue as a customer.... Any ideas on which LF liquids to avoid and/or alternatives would be very much appreciated... Thanks in advance!  :)

Offline TopCookie

• O M G
  • Absolute fcuker...!!!
Re: Aspartame/sweeteners in e liquid...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:33 pm »
Greetings SallyG...  and welcome to the forum...  :)

Offline Caerulea

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:15:11 pm »
Now that is a interesting question! I avoid sweeteners at all times.

It had never occurred to me they might be in juices.

Welcome to the forum :-)

Offline rhay80

• God Like
  • Isle-of-Wight
Aspartame/sweeteners in e liquid...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:13:11 pm »
Well I've stopped using sugar and use sweetners, but I use aspartame free sweetners.

Offline Puff

• Warning: May contain nuts :D
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »
There are sweetners in a lot of e liquids, and it is virtually impossible to find out which ones. I avoid artificial sweetners in food, but that's easy because you can read the label.

So far as I can find out then most dessert flavours have them for sure, and chocolate flavours need them, because raw cocoa is unpalatable unsweetened. (you can't use a lot of real sugar in e liquids, because they would ruin your attys.)

My current favourite sweet type flavour is DV real banana. It states that it is 100% natural. I take it on faith that that means no sweetners. I vape it vg, which gives it some sweetness, and it has no artificial taint that I can taste.

All I can suggest is that you research the individual companys that make the flavours. You won't get an a-z ingredients list, but you will get a general idea of their ideals generally.

LF cares about the products they are selling, and pride themselves on quality, but they can't give you a list of ingredients that their suppliers don't release. I am absolutely sure however that all of the mainstream companys producing flavours for e cigs care about the safety of their products, and are not adding the long list of known poisons that cig producers routinely add.

I hope that this is of some help  :)

Offline MittenKitten

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:24:03 am »
Hi all, just wondering if any of you know of good suppliers who don't have aspartame or other dodgy sweeteners in their liquid? Pretty sure I've got a PG allergy (body rash, headaches, sore eyes... Def not tobacco withdrawal!) so it got me curious about what else could be in these liquids that could potentially cause problems. Contacted LF help desk and they confirmed the use of artificial sweeteners but it was all a bit vague and needless to say they didn't specify - I've asked them to on the grounds that I'd like to avoid aspartame if I'm going to continue as a customer.... Any ideas on which LF liquids to avoid and/or alternatives would be very much appreciated... Thanks in advance!  :)

Hi there, I've been vaping now for over 9 months and I must have tried every e-liquid going, I have an epipen as I have allergies to certain things.  One thing I did notice when I first started vaping was that I felt depressed.  I found out exactly what was in the mix of my e-liquid and yes, they used sweeteners, and aspartame is well known for causing depression.  It can be found in tonic water and most diet drinks and the worst one of all is Pepsi Max, it's full of the stuff.  I also didn't like PG because it gave me a dry mouth and made my tongue a brownish colour, one good thing, I brushed my teeth about 5 times a day! lol - Anyways, I searched and searched and I found Virgin Vapor in America who do 100% VG base e-liquid, but far too expensive to import to England. Shortly after this, the whole industry became saturated and there were hundreds of suppliers of 100% VG base, however of the ones I tried, they too used aspartame.

I have now found a supplier, but being new on here I'm not sure if I can mention their name or not - they are in the UK, in West Yorkshire and they're e-liquids are great, full of taste right through to the last vape, not full of sweeteners or any kind of aspartame, natural concentrated flavouring, distilled water, VG and nicotine and I get 36mg nicotine strength from them x I wish you luck in finding the right e-liquid xx  :)

Offline Teeste

• God Like
  • Vape long and proper
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:55 pm »
I've not been too impressed by the Virgin Vapor stuff, lacking in taste for me personally, but they do give good vapour. I'm not sure either that I'd be too bothered about aspartame (whose evilness is disputed) after inhaling formaldehyde etc. for however many years. Each to their own, of course, so perhaps the best and safest way to avoid it altogether is to make your own? You can choose your own sweetener then. Failing that, Alba do a range of 'natural-flavoured' juices, could be worth a shot. :)

Offline fluidjuice

• God Like
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 09:57:29 pm »
Virgin Vapors offer extra flavour for their juices.if its not strong enough for you.

Offline Teeste

• God Like
  • Vape long and proper
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:04:25 pm »
Virgin Vapors offer extra flavour for their juices.if its not strong enough for you.

Do you mean ordering from the US? I got mine from UKEcig and someone else I can't remember now - didn't like em, definitely not worth the extra 5ish you'll pay for them either, imo. The best bit is the posh glass bottle with the dropper! Will have to get around to reselling them at some point :)

Offline fluidjuice

• God Like
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 10:09:15 pm »
Yes i buy mine from the us when i feel the need, and there is an extra flavour option,  well worth it at no extra cost, well apart from shipping ;)

Offline Teeste

• God Like
  • Vape long and proper
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 10:20:43 pm »
I did love the vapour with them, ever so silky and lots of it too. But @ 16 for 30ml, I wanted my socks blown off, and they stayed resolutely on my footsies! ;) So that's well worth keeping in mind, thanks Dean :)

Offline fluidjuice

• God Like
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:37 pm »

I did love the vapour with them, ever so silky and lots of it too. But @ 16 for 30ml, I wanted my socks blown off, and they stayed resolutely on my footsies! ;) So that's well worth keeping in mind, thanks Dean :)

:)