moocow

Author Topic: NEW 510 Cartomizer gives bad taste  (Read 2798 times)

Offline delite

• Rookie
NEW 510 Cartomizer gives bad taste
« on: November 22, 2010, 04:45:01 pm »
Hi guys,
I just received my 510 Cartomizer 2.2 Ohm from LF and start using them. Right after a couple of puffs it start tasting like burned, i already tried o couple of them with same results so is it possible as the bad taste to come from the e-liquid im using and not from the cartomiser? The voltage of the battery that im using is 4.2 V / 1350mAh ( from a zeus cigarette ).

Thank you,
Alex

Offline Zebby

• God Like
  • Benny
Re: NEW 510 Cartomizer gives bad taste
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:35:23 pm »
I got a couple to try a few weeks ago and broke out the first on saturday. Put 14 drops of juice in and left it to soak for a few mins then gave it a try. It was very very harsh and burned my throat , so put it down to rest for a few mins.On trying it again it was dead as a dodo, gone in 60 secs  ???

Offline delite

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:58:39 pm »
I got a couple to try a few weeks ago and broke out the first on saturday. Put 14 drops of juice in and left it to soak for a few mins then gave it a try. It was very very harsh and burned my throat , so put it down to rest for a few mins.On trying it again it was dead as a dodo, gone in 60 secs  ???

I even over filled it and got better results for a couple of puffs then the harsh came back. I got the wool out from one of them ( wanted to try direct dripping ) and found a black burn on it. From what i have read LF is a good company and they had great customer support and shipping time so i pretty refuse to think that those products are faulty, did anyone else had similar experience with 510 Cartomisers? 

Offline MichelleDen

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »
tried one xl( not LF).. very dull... no vapor, no TH... no nothing... oh but no burnt or harsh taste.. just bland..

Offline delite

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »
tried one xl( not LF).. very dull... no vapor, no TH... no nothing... oh but no burnt or harsh taste.. just bland..

Huge vapour and good throat kick with those one but as i said, only for a couple of puffs after full refill  :(

Offline Zebby

• God Like
  • Benny
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:22 pm »
I put it down to the chinks again, mixing in stuff that has failed quality control with good stuff. Just glad I only bought 2 of em.

Offline delite

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:01:04 am »
I put it down to the chinks again, mixing in stuff that has failed quality control with good stuff. Just glad I only bought 2 of em.

I got 20 but my intentions was to get more because of the holidays so im glad i didnt.

Offline Zebby

• God Like
  • Benny
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 10:24:37 am »
There was a thread on ECF a few months ago about E2 r3's and it seems quite a few with bad threads got out and the US vendors and other customers were up in arms about it pics were posted and damage could clearly be seen.Someone somehow got hold of a copy of an email from the management of the chinese supplier to the workforce and it read something like this "As from next monday any E2 cartomisers showing visible thread damage are not to be exported to the US.They are to go in with European shipments"

Offline MichelleDen

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 09:06:37 am »
What? Please tell me your joking? How is one to get hold of such an email.. weird...

I have a theori about batteries and charger. How come you can get reg chargers and mobile phone charger, that go for years and years, but for ecig batts you have to have spares cus they suddenly die? My pcc is already acting up, one usb charger has allready died on me, and I've had them for like a couple of months.. kr8 pcc maybe only one month..
Think they make them with dodgy bits so you'll by more. A smoker will get smokes no matter the hassle and cost... and a vapor will keep at it, even if he has to get new chargers every other month..
I get the point of that, but the cartos? Sending out stuff that doesn't work? Thats bad business.... Maybe there are enough people that don't send them back, but just buy more? is that it ?

Offline delite

• Rookie
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 09:52:08 am »
What? Please tell me your joking? How is one to get hold of such an email.. weird...

I have a theori about batteries and charger. How come you can get reg chargers and mobile phone charger, that go for years and years, but for ecig batts you have to have spares cus they suddenly die? My pcc is already acting up, one usb charger has allready died on me, and I've had them for like a couple of months.. kr8 pcc maybe only one month..
Think they make them with dodgy bits so you'll by more. A smoker will get smokes no matter the hassle and cost... and a vapor will keep at it, even if he has to get new chargers every other month..
I get the point of that, but the cartos? Sending out stuff that doesn't work? Thats bad business.... Maybe there are enough people that don't send them back, but just buy more? is that it ?

If i send them back i end up paying more on shipping because im not UK based but otherwise im PRO sending stuff back. As a note, the cartomisers are usable ( the taste is far from clean and you still get a slight burnt taste ) only if you keep them really really wet and when i say wet i really mean it, they need to be FULL with no room for any e-liquid drop.

Offline MichelleDen

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 11:55:27 am »
you could just have got a drip tip then.... I'm perfectly happy with what I've got, but still find my self looking at rewievs for other cartos... just in case I read something about a device more fantastic.. haha what if it could get even better than what I've allready got.. hmm gonna stay updated.. Silly really.. But deffo not buing anything.. yet...

Offline delite

• Rookie
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 12:16:52 pm »
you could just have got a drip tip then.... I'm perfectly happy with what I've got, but still find my self looking at rewievs for other cartos... just in case I read something about a device more fantastic.. haha what if it could get even better than what I've allready got.. hmm gonna stay updated.. Silly really.. But deffo not buing anything.. yet...

Could you PM what cartos you got and from where?

Thanks

Offline MichelleDen

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 07:44:02 am »
Hehe you've avoided my spamming then I can see...

I use the reg kr808 cartos. The new emtys LF's gotten in are apparently updated.. They give the nicest TH of anything i've tried so far..

Offline psychelatte

• God Like
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:13:17 am »
I tried a 510 carto from LF and i too thought it tasted disgusting and harsh and crap vapour. E2 cartos were good up to a point. I now am using a regular kr8 carto and i think they are the digs. No messing about, nice taste and reasonable vapour. I would take them outside, no problem.

Offline lag

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 07:42:45 am »
I just got a new Riva 510 starter kit and while the cartomizers aren't bad, the atomizers where completely pants.    >:(
The Low resistance one fried instantly(first use) same way Ziggy described earlier, the other 'normal' one runs so hot it caramelizes the e-liquid and tastes burnt/sickeningly sweet, you can even see brown burn marks on the wicks inside the cartomizer. ???
I'm tempted to call manufacturing error on these two, as the spare low resistance atomizer i bought along with the Riva510 kit works flawlessly.

Now i bought two of those kits, wonder if the other will have same issue.